Party Gaming – A Renowned Name in the World of Casinos

Flashback

Party gaming was established in 1997, along with the great launch of the famous Starluck casino. Party gaming used to hold the position of the world’s largest interactive poker gaming brand. After the enactment of the unlawful Internet gambling enforcement Act in 2006, this brand slipped from its initial position, but still has managed to maintain the second position in the same field. Party gaming is considered to be one of the most popular and biggest online gaming firm. It is the owner and operator of the famous Party Poker, the biggest interactive online casino gamble poker game.

Recently, in March, 2011, Party gaming entered into a merger with the famous bwin Party digital entertainment. This newly merged company is currently the largest publicly operated interactive gaming firm. 51.6% of its shares are owned by bwin and the remaining 48.4% shares are owned by Party gaming. This new company has been added to the list of the London Stock Exchange.

With the commencement of Party Gammon, Party Bingo and Party Casino, player can easily switch through different games through the same account.

Shareholders

Party gaming was actually founded by Ruth Parasol. He has developed a thriving network of interactive gambling websites with the help of iGlobalMedia in 1997. This was developed into Party gaming later on. The original shareholders of Party gaming included Ruth and her husband Russ deLeon, Anurag Dikshit, the operations director and Vikrant Bhargava, marketing director.

World Poker TourParty Gaming maintained its position in the headlines by purchasing World Poker Tour Enterprises, through Peerless Media at a cost of $12.3 million. World Poker Tour is basically a tournament collection that is organized in sequence of games. Such tournaments are targeted by several good players from different parts of the world. It is said that Party gaming purchased World Poker tour Enterprises with the intention of re-entering the USA market of poker.

Records and Awards

Party Gaming and Party Poker have broken several records since UIGEA happened. The group can rightly boast its comeback after surviving the blow of UIGEA.  One of the path-breaking records in the history of online poker gaming when an interactive Bad Beat jackpot was overdone at Party poker with a table hitting $1,013,381.63. Hitting a sum of seven figures was really a big deal back then.

A Glimpse of the future

Presently, Party Gaming and Party Poker are dominating all the poker markets worldwide. The company website is on the process of emphasizing on sponsoring and marketing poker champions like Ian Frazer, Remy Biechel and Felipe Ramos. The company has even better chances of profiting if the US market ever opens up to online gambling.